Family Mediation Center provides DOCUMENT PREPARATION for divorce or modification of custody and/or child support. The documents are prepared based on information from forms we ask you to fill out. Document preparation is appropriate when:
- The issues are very straight forward, simple and there is no necessity for custom language; and
- Parties have made their agreements regarding all of the issues and have no need or only a minimal need for mediation; and
- Our assistant can draft the complete Decree of Dissolution and other paperwork from the information you provide; and
- One review of the final Decree of Dissolution by our mediator/attorney will be sufficient.
We are committed to making sure your paperwork is done correctly and meets our standards. The pricing for the document preparation assumes that the criteria listed above applies. Our experts will be available to help you resolve minor issues, if necessary. Any additional time with an expert will be charged at our normal hourly fee.
WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND FOR YOUR PROTECTION, UNDERSTANDING AND FOR THE SAKE OF EFFICIENCY that you meet with one of our mediator/attorneys to review your agreement before the paperwork is started. It has been our experience that many people make incorrect assumptions about division of property and debt, lack knowledge about options, or may not understand some of the other issues that need to be addressed regarding children, child support or spousal maintenance. If you are a candidate for DOCUMENT PREPARATION, approximately one hour usually sorts everything out. If it takes more than that amount of time, you may not be a candidate for Document Preparation. Call our assistant, Terrie, who can help you decide if DOCUMENT PREPARATION is appropriate for your situation.
The time spent with a meditor/attorney will be charged at rate of $250-$350 and hour depending on the combined gross income of the parties.
The fees for Document Preparation are as follows:
(These fees do not include the court filing fees which are $321 for the Petitioner and $256 for the Respondent.)
• Divorce with Children $995
For all paperwork except the Parenting Agreement. We provide you with a form so you can write your own Parenting Agreement.
• Divorce without Children $875
• Modifications (Stipulation and Order)
Cost varies depending on what and how much is being modified. Plus court fee of $81.